Gain a Fully Functional Set of Teeth With Our Restorative Solutions
There’s no reason to feel embarrassed about your smile when you visit our practice for your dental needs. Dr. McKinney and our entire team treat every patient who walks through our doors with compassion and respect. We know many people have avoided the dentist because of fear or a previous bad experience. You can expect us to put you first every step of the way. You can even choose from one of our several sedation options to take the edge off your nerves.
If you are dealing with missing or damaged teeth, we’ll begin with a thorough exam of your mouth. Using our digital X-rays and intraoral cameras, we’ll discover exactly what’s happening with your smile. We’ll even show you what we see, so you can understand our treatment recommendations.
Depending on our findings, your dentist may recommend:
- Tooth Fillings – If you have a cavity or minor tooth damage, fillings are the solution. Dr. McKinney uses Bioclear composite fillings, which are stronger and more durable than other traditional composite materials.
- Dental Crowns – We’ll repair the form and function of a seriously damaged tooth or one affected by a large cavity. Full and partial crowns are available, made from strong zirconia materials.
- Dental Bridges – Close the gaps in your teeth with custom dental bridges. They are anchored to nearby teeth. You can also have them anchored to implants for a more lifelike function.
- Root Canals – If an infection has reached the inside portion of your tooth, Dr. McKinney will perform a safe and gentle root canal. You may need to visit an outside specialist depending on the extent of the problem.
- Dental Implants – You can replace any number of teeth with dental implants. Your dentist can place the implants right here in our office, so you don’t need to visit another office for your implant placement.
Repair Your Smile With Comprehensive Surgery Options
While we try to avoid surgery whenever possible, it’s often necessary to prepare you for necessary procedures or to protect your oral health. Dr. McKinney can perform:
- Tooth Extractions – If you have an infected tooth, we’ll try to save it however we can. However, if it puts healthy teeth in harm’s way, we will perform a tooth removal. We can also perform some wisdom teeth removals.
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery – Restore the appearance of your gums with cosmetic gum surgery. Your dentist will do soft tissue grafting to gently replenish your gumline.
- Bone Grafting – If you have bone loss in your jaw, we can perform bone grafting to give you a healthy jaw again. It’s typically done to prepare you for dental implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – We’ll shape the ridge of your jaw to properly support implants or to improve your facial appearance.
- Sinus Lifts – If you are getting implants in your upper jaw, we can raise the sinus area to make room for them and to rebuild lost bone mass.
Call 208-328-4484 to meet with your restorative dentist in Priest River. You can also .