Begin Your Journey to Perfectly Aligned Teeth
You certainly aren’t alone if you are interested in orthodontic treatment. Adults make up over 27 percent of patients pursuing this type of solution. You may not have had the chance to get orthodontic treatment growing up. Or you just weren’t great about wearing your retainer afterward. Whatever the reason, we’re excited to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
At Priest River Dental, we use SimplyClear Aligners to straighten your teeth. We’ll begin by determining if this treatment is ideal for you. For example, if your orthodontic issue is purely cosmetic, you may benefit from veneers instead. This versatile cosmetic solution can conceal slightly overlapping or gapped teeth.
If Dr. McKinney confirms you’ll benefit from clear aligners, here’s what to expect:
- We’ll capture impressions of your teeth using a digital scanner.
- This information is sent to an outside lab that will create your series of aligners.
- When they are ready, you’ll visit our office to pick them up and begin treatment.
- You’ll wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day. You can remove them to eat, brush your teeth, or floss.
- You’ll visit our practice every six to eight weeks or so for a checkup. This allows Dr. McKinney to confirm things are progressing as they should.
- In about 12 to 18 months, your treatment will likely be complete. Every patient is unique, so we will advise you exactly what to expect.
Once you’ve finished your clear aligner treatment, you’ll receive a retainer to ensure your teeth stay in place. Without a retainer, your teeth could drift back toward their original position in your mouth.
Follow Up Your Treatment With Cosmetic Solutions
Many patients love finishing off their aligner treatment with cosmetic solutions. You may consider:
- Whitening your teeth with our professional in-office or at-home solutions
- Correcting flaws with veneers or bonding
- Correcting an overly gummy smile with a gum reshaping procedure
Talk to your dentist about any other changes you’d like to make. He’ll recommend what’s right for your smile.
Call 208-328-4484 for clear aligners in Priest River. You can also .